[Openstack] Recommended Distribution for OpenStack

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Thu Nov 17 06:29:49 UTC 2011

Ubuntu is the main development target of the project. We align our
release dates with Ubuntu release dates so that we can be effectively
included in the distro.

OpenStack Diablo is included in Ubuntu Oneiric.

Past that, there are plenty of different options for
installing/configuring OpenStack - some based on Ubuntu and some not. I
don't want to imply any judgment one way or the other of their value,
all I can say is what the project dev process currently points at.

Monty