[Openstack] Glance API semantics when image sizes aren't known

Ewan Mellor Ewan.Mellor at eu.citrix.com
Tue Nov 15 21:51:21 UTC 2011

It also does not set the image size if the upload is successful.
image_size is returned unchanged from glance.store.swift.Store.add, so
0 is passed in, and passed out again.

So the question is whether this is a bug.  Are you expecting the
backend to return a correct image size if the upload is successful?

> > Because the docs imply that the size will be inferred from the body
> of the upload request, but that's not what is happening in the Swift
> backend.
>
> Would it be possible to paste the code you are using to do the upload?

~ # cat test_glance.py
import sys
import glance.client

client = glance.client.Client('localhost', 9292, auth_tok="999888777666")
print client.add_image({}, sys.stdin)
~ # echo a | python26 ./test_glance.py
{u'status': u'active', u'name': None, u'deleted': False, u'container_format': None, u'created_at': u'2011-11-15T21:44:21', u'disk_format': None, u'updated_at': u'2011-11-15T21:44:22', u'id': 6, u'owner': u'Administrator', u'location': u'swift+http://root:password@localhost:5000/v1.0/glance/6', u'min_ram': 0, u'checksum': u'60b725f10c9c85c70d97880dfe8191b3', u'min_disk': 0, u'is_public': False, u'deleted_at': None, u'properties': {}, u'size': 0}

Note that size is returned as 0, not 1.

Cheers,

Ewan.