[Openstack] describing APIs for OpenStack consumers

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Mon Nov 14 20:50:41 UTC 2011

The core API WADL is here:

https://github.com/openstack/compute-api/blob/master/openstack-compute-api-1.1/src/os-compute-1.1.wadl

Keystone also has a number of WADLs here:

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/tree/master/keystone/content

-jOrGe W.

On Nov 14, 2011, at 2:21 PM, Rupak Ganguly wrote:

Is the WADL for Nova and or its extensions available somewhere to look at?

Thanks,
Rupak Ganguly
Ph: 678-648-7434

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:17 AM, Bryan Taylor <btaylor at rackspace.com<mailto:btaylor at rackspace.com>> wrote:
On 10/27/2011 05:52 PM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
Generating WADL (or anything else) from code is fine, as long as we have the processes / tools (e.g., CI) in place to assure that a trivial code change doesn't make a backwards-incompatible change in what we expose to clients.
You bring up a really good point here.
Do we?

I doubt it. I vaguely recall there were WSDL backwards compatibility checkers, which implies there must be XSD backwards compatibility checkers.  I don't know of anything that can do this for WADL. And without some mechanism to define a JSON format in a machine readable way, I'm not even sure how you could possibly accomplish this for JSON.

(really, we should have these in place regardless of how things are generated)
We should.