[Openstack] proposal for policy around and management of client libraries

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Nov 7 19:29:16 UTC 2011

In general, I support the idea of good, supported client libraries. I have a few questions about this particular proposal.

1) Would a distinct python client (and the associated project) be required for each core openstack project that exposes an API?

2) Why does the PPB need to vote? Actually, what would the PPB be voting on (assuming the answer to #1 is "no")?

3) Why the requirement to have the same release schedule as the paired project? I would expect a client binding to change much less often than the underlying system (as I have seen with the Rackspace-specific swift bindings).

4) Will these libraries also be included in whatever set of packages are built for the openstack projects (eg as part of a *-dev package)?

--John