[Openstack] stable/diablo issue

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Nov 3 03:46:09 UTC 2011

Nati Ueno <nati.ueno at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi folks
>
> stable/diablo  nova didn't pass pep8 now.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/885540
>
> - Can we have pep8 check automatically for diablo/stable?
> - How about unit-testing on merge props for diablo/stable?
> - Can we have Jenkins task for diablo/stable ?

Hi,

We already do all of those things.  The same trunk gating jobs that run
on master also run on every other branch, including stable/diablo.  And
nova is gating on pep8.  The pep8 job is run via run_tests.sh in nova:

   ./run_tests.sh -N --pep8

That script runs pep8 with an "--ignore=E202,W602" argument, and W602 is
the warning you saw when you ran pep8 by hand.

You can see what Jenkins jobs ran for a change by looking at the
comments left by Jenkins in gerrit:

  https://review.openstack.org/#change,1131

That links to this pep8 job:

  https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/nova-pep8/1619/console

And I believe the job configuration (with the exact commands run for a
job) are visible in Jenkins.

As for W602, the reason it is being ignored is documented in
run_tests.sh.

-Jim