[Openstack] keystone Endpoint schema

Marcelo Martins btorch-os at zeroaccess.org
Tue Nov 1 00:26:12 UTC 2011

Hi Ziad,

Sorry, that was my mistake. I meant to have "case service.name:"  on that pseudocode and not type. I wasn't proposing any EndpointType and don't see how that would help.

The way that I was thinking was, you can either have the "services" table  pre-populated during keystone install/setup or have the user do it. Also provide information on the docs about the services that keystone currently support. The documentation would provide information to the user on how to add an endpointTemplate to a particular  service.

Perhaps this is a bit more clear:

case service.name:

	openstack-swift)
		try
			endpointTemplate add [region] [service] [public_url] [internal_url] [enabled] [is_global]
		except
		  	"Failed with improper number of arguments"swift)
			show_some_help()
		try

	openstack-compute)
			endpointTemplate add [region] [service] [public_url] [admin_url] [internal_url] [enabled] [is_global]

	openstack-swift)

If one needs to add a "generic/custom"  service (one that keystone does not know yet), perhaps keystone could be flexible enough  to accept  N numbers of URLs for this "generic/custom"  service. But I think this is something more for the future.

Marcelo Martins
Openstack-swift
btorch-os at zeroaccess.org

“Knowledge is the wings on which our aspirations take flight and soar. When it comes to surfing and life if you know what to do you can do it. If you desire anything become educated about it and succeed. “