[Openstack] suggestion for data location compliance in swift

Joshua McKenty josh at piston.cc
Mon May 30 23:45:01 UTC 2011

This was one of the use cases that drove the design discussion on decoupling the swift ring implementation from the rest of swift (along with supporting multiple tiers of hardware). See https://blueprints.launchpad.net/swift/+spec/swift-pluggable-hashing-ring for the basic proposal, however, and you'll note that we could definitely use some additional developers :)

Joshua

Joshua McKenty
Piston Cloud Computing, Inc.
(650) 283-6846