[Openstack] Upload of Swift & Glance in Debian Experimental

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon May 30 07:37:08 UTC 2011

Thomas Goirand wrote:
> P.S to Openstackers: I really would have like to
> avoid creating a separate list for the Debian pkgs
> of Openstack, especially because I will have to
> have a diff in the debian/control (maintainer field
> will have to be different) but as you see,
> Launchpad prevents me from doing so. Any solution
> from Canonical/Ubuntu would be welcome...

FWIW Ubuntu uses mailman lists @ lists.ubuntu.com, separate from
Launchpad, for groups where you want open-post mailing-lists. As such,
Ubuntu's current "Maintainer" field (openstack at lists.launchpad.net)
might not be appropriate either...

Would this "Maintainer" field be the only delta between Ubuntu and
Debian packages ? If yes, it might be worth to try to converge somewhere
else...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack