[Openstack] [NetStack] Quantum Service API extension proposal

Ram Durairaj (radurair) radurair at cisco.com
Tue May 24 16:53:23 UTC 2011

Glad to see we are  converging.

Couple of things/questions that we need to discuss/decide in our meeting
today.

1.       For plugin-specific extensions - Option 1: Use DataExtension
scheme as in Jorge proposal with Key-Value pairs.

Any other options? Or just go with. BTW, I agree with this model.

2.       Port Profile construct - To have it as part of "Core API" or we
don't need it now have, if any plugin wants it have it as a extension?

a.       I see a great value in having the port profile as a "core API"
construct. Please refer to Ying's previous email.

3.       If I understand correctly,  I also see a valid point in Alex's
proposal - Use key-value pairs for Core API for standard capability, as
well.

a.       Do we go with this or not?

Ram