[Openstack] OpenStack API, Reservation ID's and Num Instances ...

Ed Leafe ed.leafe at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue May 24 15:00:28 UTC 2011

On May 24, 2011, at 10:30 AM, Brian Lamar wrote:

> Only a small scream on PUT /zones/server/
>
> PUT would work in my mind if we allowed users to create their own ReservationIDs, but since (I assume) we're generating them it would make more sense to me to use POST on /zones/server.

	Agreed. Server creation should certainly be a POST.

	If we are going to add an optional parameter to specify the number of instances, would it be acceptable to specify that when that parameter is included, a reservation ID is returned instead of an instance ID? IOW, existing calls will work the same, but calls that take advantage of this new option would expect a different result.

-- Ed Leafe