[Openstack] [Nova] Unassigned essential Diablo specs

Eldar Nugaev enugaev at griddynamics.com
Thu May 19 12:49:07 UTC 2011

Hi Thierry

We are interested in "Add support for floating IPs in the OpenStack
API (diablo-2, Jun 30)"
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/openstack-api-floating-ips
And can implement this feature, but we are looking for creation common
vision with the community about approaches of implementation.

And "Implement clear rest API for volumes (targeted at diablo-2, Jun
30)" is very interesting blueprint too.
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/implement-volume-api

So we going to take these blueprints. Please assign them to the
ElKirya team https://launchpad.net/~elkirya

Eldar

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
> Hello Nova developers,
>
> In the plan that Vish came up with for Diablo[1], we have a number of
> essential specs that do not have an assignee.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/diablo
>
> This is an issue, since Essential specs are supposed to delay the Diablo
> release if they are not completed, and not having someone that is
> committed to deliver the feature sounds like the first step to certain
> failure. Here they are:
>
> Implement clear rest API for volumes (targeted at diablo-2, Jun 30)
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/implement-volume-api
> This is an essential piece of the decoupling of the volume code. Justin,
> you seemed to be interested ? Anyone else that could take it ?
>
> EC2 Id compatibility (targeted at diablo-3, Jul 28)
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/ec2-id-compatibilty
> The "nova-instance-referencing" work will break EC2 API, and this
> blueprint is tracking the work that needs to be done to prevent that.
> Anyone interested ?
>
> Other ("High") specs that are in the plan but unassigned:
>
> Instance Migration (targeted at diablo-2, Jun 30)
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/instance-migration
> Allow cloud admins to perform maintenance of hosts by enabling shutdown
> of an instance and moving it to a new host node. Does that fall into
> Ozone realm, as part of the service-provider-readiness ?
>
> Add support for floating IPs in the OpenStack API (diablo-2, Jun 30)
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/openstack-api-floating-ips
> This should ultimately be deferred to the NaaS API, but we probably need
> some support for this until that is finalized.
>
> Also note that plan to decouple network services is partially assigned:
> Refactor Networking - assigned to Ryu Ishimoto
> Implement clear rest API for networks (diablo-3) - unassigned
> Integrate Network Services (diablo-4) - unassigned
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Thierry Carrez (ttx)
> Release Manager, OpenStack