[Openstack] Graphical Console for VMs w/o Network Stacks

Monsyne Dragon mdragon at rackspace.com
Wed May 18 15:42:08 UTC 2011

On May 18, 2011, at 5:52 AM, Donal Lafferty wrote:

Sorry if this is a repeat question, but I was wondering whether there were any blueprints completed or afoot to provide a graphical console for VMs that don’t have their network stacks configured.  E.g.https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/web-based-serial-console offers the ability to interact with VMs whose network is dead.  I’m looking for something similar, but with a graphical console rather than a text-based version.

there are two subsystems for doing graphical consoles in nova. There is a vnc-console-proxy which works for the libvirt hypervisors, (i.e. kvm, etc), and there is the integrated console service which supports VNC thru the XVP console proxy for Xen Server, and some sort of console service for vmware.   (at some point we should probably merge these)

--
-Monsyne Dragon

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.