[Openstack] Zones / distributed scheduler question

Lorin Hochstein lorin at isi.edu
Thu May 12 03:26:46 UTC 2011

Sandy:

I took a quick look at see how capabilities are represented and how the information flows from the ComputeManager to the ZoneManager, it looks great. I see you're using the message queue (RPC call) instead of storing the capability info in the database. Anxiously awaiting for this code to make it to the trunk

I also see that there's a complete-looking implementation of the XenAPIConnection.get_host_stats method, but LibvirtConnection.get_host_stats is a no-op. Do you plan on implementing similar functionality for KVM (e.g., reporting memory and disk free), or will that be up to other people to get that code in there?

Take care,

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein, Computer Scientist