[Openstack] Design Summit Decisions

Lorin Hochstein lorin at isi.edu
Sat May 7 03:33:44 UTC 2011

Vish:

For heterogeneous architecture support, we (ISI) need to:
- Finalize how to represent architecture-specific info (either using current implementation of new columns in db schema, or using a more generic mechanism such as extra-data or zones)
- Possibly redo our arch-aware scheduler using Justin's advanced scheduler and/or distributed scheduler with zones

For bare metal provisioning (needs a blueprint):
 -  goal is to define a compute service proxy interface that will allow people to plug in third party provisioning solutions into nova

Lorin
--
Lorin Hochstein, Computer Scientist
USC Information Sciences Institute