[Openstack] Swift PPA's

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Fri May 6 22:06:24 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 02:10 PM, Soren Hansen wrote:

>> Are things moving to github? If so, what all is staying on launchpad?
>
> I expect the packaging stuff will stay on Launchpad. It's a
> collaborative effort between the Ubuntu team and us and it's completely
> separate from our "real" code.

I agree with this. Whether code moves to github or not, I fully expect
packaging work to remain on Launchpad.

>> Didn't John Purrier form a new integration team with Monty and others
>> to maintain packaging?
>
> I'm not sure. I'm on the same team as Monty, but truth be told, I'm not
> sure if there are subteams in our team and I'm not supposed to do
> packaging anymore. Noone told me to stop.  :)

Well, this is all stuff we're trying to clean up at the moment. At
various times there have been at least three different sets of people
working on packaging - me, Soren and the swift devs - with very little
clear understanding of who was doing what or how it worked (which is
fine and normal in a project that was growing as fast as this one)

I did what I could to get packages up and going and building regularly
back in the beginning - but obviously did not communicate enough about
how that all worked. (I say obviously because if I had there would have
been no need for you guys to have gone off and done something else
elsewhere)

All that being said - please don't worry about my toes - the important
thing is that we get this stuff ironed out and working so that it works
for everyone. I agree with Soren that _one_ set of packaging and QA
makes _way_ more sense than 2 (or 3)

Monty