[Openstack] lunr reference iSCSI target driver

MORITA Kazutaka morita.kazutaka at lab.ntt.co.jp
Fri May 6 18:39:12 UTC 2011

At Wed, 04 May 2011 09:32:42 +0900,
MORITA Kazutaka wrote:

> At Tue, 03 May 2011 12:19:50 -0700,
> Josh Durgin wrote:
> >
> > On 05/02/2011 01:46 PM, Chuck Thier wrote:
> > > This leads to another interesting question.  While our reference
> > > implementation may not directly expose snapshot functionality, I imagine
> > > other storage implementations could want to. I'm interested to hear what use
> > > cases others would be interested in with snapshots.  The obvious ones are
> > > things like creating a volume based on a snapshot, or rolling a volume back
> > > to a previous snapshot.  I would like others' input here to shape what the
> > > snapshot API might look like.
> >
> > For RBD we only need the obvious ones:
> > - create/list/remove snapshots
> > - create volume from a snapshot
> > - rollback to a snapshot
>
> These are the same for Sheepdog too.

Another one we are interested in is getting relationships between
snapshots:
 - find a source snapshot of the cloned volume
 - list volumes/snapshots created from the same snapshot

For example, we can use these information to show snapshots in a tree
format as VMware does.
 http://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ws_preserve_sshot_manager.html

Thanks,

Kazutaka