[Openstack] help, why i can not open launchpad.net behind a proxy. thank you so much!

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Fri May 6 11:05:34 UTC 2011

On 05/06/2011 04:56 PM, Soren Hansen wrote:
> 2011/5/5 Thomas Goirand <thomas at goirand.fr>:
>> I tried to upgrade one Ubuntu computer, and the
>> fastest speed I could get was 5KB/s, even trying
>> many mirrors in China!
>
> Just FYI, the mirrors are completely independent of Launchpad.

Of course. It was just a return of (bad) experience.

> In
> fact, a lot of the mirrors (worldwide, perhaps not specifically in
> China) of Ubuntu are hosted on the same servers as Debian's mirrors.
>
> Looking at ftp.cn.debian.org as well as cn.archive.ubuntu.com, both
> have both Debian and Ubuntu mirrors (and a bunch of other things).

FYI: mirrors.163.com and mirrors.sohu.com are a way faster than the
official mirrors. Both contain Ubuntu and Debian mirrors, and are really
fast from Shanghai using ChinaNet (so I'm happy to be back home:) ). But
from China Unicom, in the center of mainland, it's hell...

Thomas