[Openstack] some local patches for nova

Ken Pepple ken.pepple at rabbityard.com
Thu May 5 16:54:00 UTC 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 9:02 AM, Akira YOSHIYAMA wrote:
> I uploaded my nova-cactus patches to:
>
> 	http://www.debian.or.jp/~yosshy/nova-cactus-patches/
>
> There are 4 categories of patches:
>
> 1. DB modifications and changes for PostgreSQL
> - Modified attach_time column in nova.db.sqlalchemy.models.Volume
> - Added updater of volumes.attach_time.
> - Modified the schema of instances.instance_type_id.
> - Modified boolean updates and queries in nova.db.sqlalchemy.api.

Konnichiwa Yoshiyama-san:

Just going through the first batch of patches. Some have been fixed in trunk and others I have questions about:

	- Modified attach_time column in nova.db.sqlalchemy.models.Volume
		This is destructive (although I'm not sure many sites will care).
		Can't we just alter the column ? Or does migrate not support that across DBs ?

	- Modified the schema of instances.instance_type_id.
		I believe Dan Prince has patched this in trunk

	- Modified boolean updates and queries in nova.db.sqlalchemy.api.
		I believe I patched this in trunk (revno 1035) last week

	- Added updater of volumes.attach_time
		Looks good

I'll keep going through the other patches when I get a second …

---
Ken Pepple
http://ken.pepple.info