[Openstack] [GLANCE] Diablo milestones and release cycle

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed May 4 21:04:34 UTC 2011

Hey all!

Thanks for a great design summit last week. Just wanted to send a
quick note about what is planned for Glance in Diablo. We got a ton of
work done in Cactus to achieve better integration with Nova, and we're
excited to add more features and stability to Glance for the Diablo
series.

Glance will essentially be following the Nova release cycle with one
additional freeze milestone that will be used for focusing on adding
functional and integration tests. I have created the Glance Diablo
series and the milestones we will be targeting. You can see an
overview of the release series here:

https://launchpad.net/glance/diablo

The D1 through D4 milestones are feature releases and so have feature
blueprints targeted for each milestone. We are still completing design
specs for some things, and the D3 and D4 milestones are still being
"filled out", however these are the dates we will release our
milestone releases:

Glance diablo-1 "D1" 	2011-06-02

We are concentrating on improving the Glance API for D1 in the following ways:
* Add versioning to the Glance API
* Add filters and results paging/limits

Glance diablo-2 "D2" 	2011-06-30

D2 will be all about finalizing integration with the Keystone
authentication project and adding:
* Image ownership
* Shared images

Glance diablo-3 "D3" 	2011-07-28
Glance diablo-4 "D4" 	2011-08-25

Expect to see some mailing list posts detailing proposals for changes
to the Glance API in the next few days as we outline the features we
will work on in D1 and D2.

If you're interested in becoming a Glance contributor, please don't
hesitate to join us on IRC freenode.net #openstack. Or email me if you
prefer. We'd be happy to welcome you to our contributor community!

Cheers all,
jay