[Openstack] Separation of IRC Channels

Ant Messerli amesserl at rackspace.com
Wed May 4 18:19:54 UTC 2011

So it sounds like the better path would be to just keep two channels for
now, see how that goes, and then maybe revisit splitting out by project if
it comes to that in the future?

#openstack - Help and Support
#openstack-dev - All Openstack Development

Anyone should be able to participate in any channel, so if someone wanted
to learn by osmosis, they could still join the dev channel.  I just think
there's quite a bit of repetition in the main #openstack channel from
users setting up Openstack and that by separating the channels, it might
be easier to parse depending on what project is being worked.  The Swift
guys still might be overwhelmed a bit from all the Nova talk.

-Ant

On 5/4/11 1:29 AM, "Christian Berendt" <berendt at b1-systems.de> wrote:

>> Can't we just have a #openstack-dev to cover them all ?
>
>+1
>=

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.