[Openstack] Separation of IRC Channels

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Wed May 4 09:36:00 UTC 2011

2011/5/4 Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com>:
> Agreed, we still have a lot of cross project discussions, especially around
> things like auth/etc.  Admittedly the specific questions about swift vs.
> nova are usually isolated, but I don't think I've found it to be
> particularly annoying to have them going on in the shared channel.

I think that's because the majority of traffic is related to Nova. So,
for Nova devs, it's relatively easy to ignore the small amount of
Swift stuff, but for Swift devs, I suspect it's annoying to have weed
through a bunch of things that aren't really relevant in order to
catch the relevant stuff. I'm not speaking for the Swift guys, and I
guess the traffic patterns could even be completely different outside
my business hours, but if the Swift guys wanted a separate channel, I
wouldn't be surprised at all and I certainly don't want to hold them
back.

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/