[Openstack] Creating a forum

Thomas Goirand thomas at goirand.fr
Wed May 4 02:51:15 UTC 2011

On 05/04/2011 05:42 AM, Daniel Salinas wrote:
> This is awesome!!!  Now we can spend 3 weeks debating about forum
> software.  I like vbulletin.
>
> On 5/3/11 3:32 PM, "Michael Shuler" <mshuler at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 05/03/2011 02:49 PM, Jordan Rinke wrote:
>>> Ladies and Gentlemen... welcome to the official OpenStack Forums!
>>>
>>> http://forums.openstack.org
>>>
>>> Work in progress so feel free to join and post up any comments about
>>> the forum etc.
>>
>> phpBB is a poor choice of forum software, IMO.
>>
>> --
>> Michael

Yet, phpBB has a very bad security record, and I had countless issues
with it. Spammers / hackers have the bad habit to google for a specific
version of phpBB and use that as a result for targets.

Also, phpBB isn't threaded. I think threading isn't an option: it's
needed, IMHO.

Just my 2 cents,

Thomas