[Openstack] Creating a forum

Rick Clark rick at openstack.org
Tue May 3 15:25:27 UTC 2011

On 05/03/2011 09:36 AM, Jordan Rinke wrote:
> Interesting because Ron very specifically mentioned being able to find
> useful and relevant information on the Ubuntu forums without bothering devs
> at the beginning of this discussion (which Soren then noted as an excellent
> point).

I think there is much useful information on the Ubuntu forums, but it is
laced with incorrect information too.  Most technical people can easily
discern which is which and I think our users will be more technical than
the average Ubuntu user.

I think over all it is good to have a non-dev forum.

it is worth mentioning that our dev community and culture differs from
Ubuntu.  Ubuntu devs completely ignore Launchpad answers, while our
Answers section is well used and responded to.  Perhaps we shouldn't
make assumptions based on Ubuntu.