[Openstack] Questions for community

Barton Satchwill barton.satchwill at cybera.ca
Mon May 2 21:31:54 UTC 2011

1) Is there a way in OpenStack to get the private ip address of an instance
?

euca-describe-instances will show you the public and private ip addresses of
an instance.  Ordinary users can only see their own instances, admins can
see all instances.

 2) if I don’t give a hostname while starting an instance, what is the
> default hostname assigned to the instance? Is it the instance-id returned by
> the Cloud Controller or some other fixed format?

yes, the default hostname will be the instance_id

Sorry for the delay in responding, but real reason why your questions
weren't getting much attention is that this is the developer mailing list.
Questions like this will get better attention from the
Q&A<https://answers.launchpad.net/openstack>site.

Barton Satchwill
Senior Developer
Cybera Inc.

www.cybera.ca

Cybera is a not-for-profit organization that works to spur and support
innovation, for the economic benefit of Alberta, through the use
of cyberinfrastructure.