[Openstack] Openstack Network service wiki and meeting

Rick Clark rick at openstack.org
Mon May 2 18:29:06 UTC 2011

On 05/02/2011 01:19 PM, Dan Wendlandt wrote:
> Thanks Rick,
>
> CC'ing the openstack-list, based on Vish's request that all openstack
> networking discussion be on the main list until we get too chatty and people
> want to boot us off :)

I was planning to forward it to the list as well.  That's where we need
to be.  But we need to make sure that everyone understands that we are
not implying any project status in Openstack and that we will be
following the process that the PPB approved to request project status.

> I'm as eager as you are to keep the momentum going, but I believe that
> during the session on Friday we had agreed that the first networking meeting
> would be a week from tuesday (5/10), not this tuesday (5/3).  This will give
> people time to create/review a proposed set of development-oriented
> blueprints based on friday's list and sync up with their internal teams
> about what resources they would contribute, etc (these blueprints still need
> to be created).  It will also let people who weren't at the Friday meeting
> get an understanding of what we plan on working on and if they want to be
> involved.

I couldn't remember and my notes were enigmatic at best.  Could we still
meet just to figure out how we want to setup teams and seed the core-dev
teams?  It should not take long.