[Openstack] Some of the libraries that can be reused for OpenStack Auth

Ziad Sawalha ziad at sawalha.com
Sun May 1 19:18:30 UTC 2011

Thanks, Rostik. Good suggestions. We have heard much demand for SAML and I am sure someone will implement it very soon.

On #1, that is a user experience question. Not every OpenStack deployment will enforce the same level of complexity. We need to make that configurable on the backend and leave it up to the the dashboard designers & developers to provide feedback to users on their password quality. But no matter what, if we write a production-worth password store we will definitely want to use recommendations like the NIST ones you suggest.

Thanks for your input,