[Openstack] Feature Freeze status

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 29 12:25:08 UTC 2011

Ewan Mellor wrote:

> Blueprints are not about managing expectations.  Blueprints are about telling other people what you're working on.  This is important, because I don't think that anyone is in a position to judge whether they are "working on a self-contained change" or whether they're "not going to interfere" _unless_ they are telling people what they are working on.

+1

The cost of filing a blueprint (as soon as you start thinking about a
feature) is really small compared to the advantages stated above.

I guess I'm not seeing any advantage in *not filing* a blueprint. I hope
it's not about saving 5 minutes. I hope it's not about avoiding public
discussion that developing in the open can trigger...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack