[Openstack] Instance IDs and Multiple Zones

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Wed Mar 23 19:00:32 UTC 2011

I asked for further details in IRC, which started a discussion
there. To sum up, most folks agree migrations within a zone won't
require a new instance ID. Nothing changes except the compute host
it's running on. Migrations outside of a zone would require a new
instance ID, but this should be fine, since other things would also
change (such as IP, available volumes, ...). A cross-zone migration
will be more of a copy+delete than a proper move.

-Eric