[Openstack] Openstack API - Volumes?

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Tue Mar 22 20:47:45 UTC 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 3:33 PM, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:

> The thing I don't like about the extension promotion process is that it breaks clients when the volume API is promoted

Promotion only occurs between version changes in the API, that is when we're moving from say 1.1 to 2.0.  Version changes by definition break clients anyway.  The extension will stay an extension in 1.1 always, even if the extension is promoted in 2.0.  So clients built against 1.1 will continue to consume the extension as is and will not be broken -- code will have to be changed regardless to move to 2.0 at this point the extension is core.

-jOrGe W.