[Openstack] Openstack API - Volumes?

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Tue Mar 22 20:43:45 UTC 2011

Describing full Volume API as an extension may work in the short term.  Long term though we're moving towards having a suite of APIs.  From this perspective adding an extension to OpenStack Compute API seems a little strange to me.  But it could work short term, my concern is that we should really be thinking of Volumes as a core API, not additional features to Compute. Certainly we may need to extend compute to do things like mount/unmount a volume.

-jOrGe W.