[Openstack] Instance IDs and Multiple Zones

Ed Leafe ed.leafe at RACKSPACE.COM
Tue Mar 22 19:55:15 UTC 2011

On Mar 22, 2011, at 3:20 PM, Paul Voccio wrote:

> This means the api isn't
> asynchronous if it has to wait for the zone to create the id. From page 46
> of the API Spec states the following:
>
> "Note that when creating a server only the server ID and the admin
> password are guaranteed to be returned in the request object. Additional
> attributes may be retrieved by performing subsequent GETs on the server."
>

> This creates a problem with the bursting if Z1 calls to Z2, which is a
> public cloud, which has to wait for Z3-X to find out where it is going be
> placed. How would this work?

	I thought this had been changed to return a reservation ID, which would then be used to get information about the instance once it had been created. That would allow the API to return immediately without having to wait for a host to be selected, an instance to be created, networking to be configured, etc.

-- Ed Leafe