[Openstack] GLANCE: How to deal with SQLAlchemy-migrate problems

Brian Schott bfschott at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:42:07 UTC 2011

1.a.) Not yet, but our branch unit tests (when we get there) will certainly test the architecture-related columns we added to instances, instance_types, and compute_node tables.

1.b) Is that a unit test responsibility or an integration test farm with different "typical" configurations that gets built, deployed, populated, and tested?  Agree it should happen before a branch gets merged.

2) They were pretty simple changes, so I just replicated from a previous python script examples in migrate_repo/versions.

The point I was making that I did what anybody in a hurry will do, crib from the previous example.  I just added downgrade() because the example I followed didn't do that.  We can be propagating bad habits.  Realize, this is Nova, not Glance, so sorry if off topic.

Brian Schott
bfschott at gmail.com