[Openstack] FW: OpenStack Storage - Swift Installation

Juan J. Martínez juan at memset.com
Mon Mar 21 08:42:35 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-03-18 at 19:57 +0000, Sheshadri Amathnadu wrote:
> [...]
> Quick Question C I would like to know if OpenStack Storage C Swift
> supports CentOS without any issues ?, though I assume that Ubuntu is
> more preferred OS for OpenStack Installations.

I think you may have problems with CentOS 5 because of the python
version. That won't be an issue installing with CentOS 6 (when is
released).

FYI: http://wiki.openstack.org/RhelInstructions

So I would wait CentOS 6 release (or use Scientific Linux 6, which is
available and it's compatible with RHEL and CentOS), or use Ubuntu
meanwhile.

Regards,

Juanjo

--
Juan J. Martinez
Development, MEMSET

mail: juan at memset.com
 web: http://www.memset.com/

Memset Ltd., registration number 4504980. 25 Frederick Sanger Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 7YD, UK.