[Openstack] [Nova] Review priorities until FeatureFreeze (Mar 24)

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Mar 18 09:10:33 UTC 2011

Hello Nova developers,

Here is the latest edition of the "push priorities in front of eyeballs"
email.

We are 7 days to Feature Freeze, so the focus switches to (in descending
order of priority):

1- Review Cactus feature branches proposed before BMPFreeze (see list)
2- Review other branch merge proposals
3- Writing code and proposing late branches on accepted Cactus specs
4- Fixing reported bugs
5- Testing and report new bugs

List of "Cactus-targeted feature branches proposed before BMPFreeze":

(I ordered them in descending order of priority, taking into account
prerequisites, roadmap priority, patch size and speed of feedback. Some
of them may temporarily be in "Work in progress" state)

https://code.launchpad.net/~ntt-pf-lab/nova/flatmanager-ipv6/+merge/53064
https://code.launchpad.net/~rackspace-titan/nova/openstack-api-versioned-controllers/+merge/53748
https://code.launchpad.net/~sandy-walsh/nova/zones3/+merge/52565
https://code.launchpad.net/~openstack-gd/nova/libvirt-multinic-nova/+merge/53871
https://code.launchpad.net/~cerberus/nova/xs_resize/+merge/53903
https://code.launchpad.net/~sandy-walsh/nova/zones4/+merge/53726
https://code.launchpad.net/~citrix-openstack/nova/vmware-vsphere-support/+merge/53060
https://code.launchpad.net/~citrix-openstack/nova/xenapi-netinject-prop/+merge/49798
https://code.launchpad.net/~zulcss/nova/nova-lxc/+merge/51469
https://code.launchpad.net/~citrix-openstack/nova/xenapi-vlan-network-manager/+merge/53660
https://code.launchpad.net/~tr3buchet/nova/xs_multi_nic/+merge/53458
https://code.launchpad.net/~rackspace-titan/nova/extensions/+merge/53675
https://code.launchpad.net/~bcwaldon/nova/osapi-flavors-links/+merge/53875
https://code.launchpad.net/~bcwaldon/nova/osapi-versions-links/+merge/53890
https://code.launchpad.net/~blamar/nova/openstack-api-1-1-images/+merge/53942
https://code.launchpad.net/~bcwaldon/nova/osapi-servers-links/+merge/53939
https://code.launchpad.net/~rackspace-titan/nova/openstack-api-markers/+merge/53943
https://code.launchpad.net/~rackspace-titan/nova/metadata_v1.1/+merge/53952

Notes:

* Any feature branch that is not merged by FeatureFreeze will require a
(much more difficult to get) FeatureFreezeException

* You should expect a few review roundtrips between reviewers and
proposers, so review early, review often

* Do not accept late proposals that could delay merges that were
proposed in time (for example, by requiring them to remerge with current
trunk). Once all the early branches got merged, feel free to accept
anything :)

* Please, please feel free to reject any late proposal, in particular
those that do not have a blueprint or weren't targeted to Cactus

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack