[Openstack] A single cross-zone database?

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Wed Mar 16 19:07:27 UTC 2011

It's always a trade-off with generic vs context-specific caching. You
can usually be more efficient and provide a better UX with
context-specific caching, but it can be a bit more work.

For Nova (and any distributed application along these lines) I think
we need to use context-specific active caching. Punting on it doesn't
give the large deployments many options to scale, you are forced into
generic caching and the UX may always suffer from it. By providing
context-specific active caching hooks we can greatly increase our
usability and efficiency.

-Eric