[Openstack] Development Environment Setup

Ricardo Carrillo Cruz emaildericky at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 10:10:37 UTC 2011

Hi Ahmed

It looks to me you didn't create the volume group nova-volumes:
Try this:

"
# This creates a 1GB file to create volumes out of
dd if=/dev/zero of=MY_FILE_PATH bs=100M count=10
losetup --show -f MY_FILE_PATH
# replace /dev/loop0 below with whatever losetup returns
# nova-volumes is the default for the --volume_group flag
vgcreate nova-volumes /dev/loop0
"

OTOH, I'd recommend you post this question on the Launchpad answers section.

Regards