[Openstack] [Nova] Review and bug priorities

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Mar 14 10:09:09 UTC 2011

At the last meeting we discussed having a recurrent post to the ML to,
in Devin's words, "push priorities in front of eyeballs"...

Here is my first attempt at it, trying to single out a few branches and
bugs that need attention.

PS: IMO this email duplicates already-available information at:

http://wiki.openstack.org/releasestatus/
http://tinyurl.com/nova-bugs

Let me know if you find it useful or not.

We are 10 days to Feature Freeze, so the focus must be on (in descending
order of priority):

1- Writing code and proposing branches on accepted Cactus specs
2- Review already-proposed Cactus feature branches
3- Review already-proposed bugfix branches
4- Fixing reported bugs
5- Testing and report new bugs

4 Cactus feature branch merge proposals needing some extra attention:

Live migration
 Large patch, needs to land early, already has needed approvals
 https://code.launchpad.net/~nttdata/nova/live-migration/+merge/49699

Flat Manager IPv6 support
 Essential to have full IPv6 support in cactus
 https://code.launchpad.net/~ntt-pf-lab/nova/flatmanager-ipv6/+merge/53064

VMWare/vSphere support
 Large patch
 https://code.launchpad.net/~citrix-openstack/nova/vmware-vsphere-support/+merge/53060

LXC support
 Needs to land early to get some testing
 https://code.launchpad.net/~zulcss/nova/nova-lxc/+merge/51469

4 complex Cactus bugs that need some love:

nova-compute: can't spawn new instances after restarting RabbitMQ
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/718869

"python setup.py install" actually does not install a lot stuff...
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/727794

When a node dies, its instances should be marked !running
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/661214

nova-compute doesn't notice when a VM crashes
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/661260

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack