[Openstack] DIstributed Scheduler blueprint update

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Thu Mar 10 16:52:03 UTC 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 11:35 AM, <ksankar at doubleclix.net> <ksankar at doubleclix.net> wrote:

> a)  Looks like one of the major drivers is the rules based scheduling - mutual exclusion, temporal and spatial rules, and so forth. Is there an existing way to capture these placement pragmas ? Or should we have a light rules framework ?

	I suppose that that might possibly be desireable, but it's definitely outside the scope of this blueprint.

> b)  Saw your note "I am looking for a way to define these attributes in a single place that is importable from both the scheduler and compute services, so that the compute node can read in these attributes and post their values to its ZoneManager, and the scheduler service can do the same. The details of this remain to be worked out."
>   This might be a good time to introduce the concept of distributed cmDb that has the run time configurations.

	Actually, we were leaning toward a Python module that would either live in the nova/ namespace, or the proposed openstack-common namespace. IMO, adding a database to the mix is not needed.

> c) Do we have a blueprint yet ? Would be happy to contribute ...

	Of course: http://wiki.openstack.org/DistributedScheduler

-- Ed Leafe