[Openstack] updated_at and bug 722979

Kevin L. Mitchell kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com
Wed Mar 9 19:22:55 UTC 2011

Howdy; I'm looking into bug 722979 (convert calls to
session.execute("update <blah>") to SQLAlchemy code), and I noticed that
using session.execute() in places like
trunk/nova/db/sqlalchemy/api.py:704 has the effect of NOT updating the
'updated_at' column inherited from models.NovaBase; this would contrast
with the naive approach to changing this to use SQLAlchemy calls, which
would cause 'updated_at' to be updated.

My question is, is there any reason 'updated_at' should NOT be updated?
I can't imagine there's a problem with it, but I'm still just getting
started, and so I thought I'd check.

Thanks!
--
Kevin L. Mitchell <kevin.mitchell at rackspace.com>