[Openstack] State of OpenStack Auth

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Fri Mar 4 19:25:54 UTC 2011

On Mar 4, 2011, at 12:09 PM, Greg wrote:

> On Mar 4, 2011, at 11:05, Jorge Williams <jorge.williams at RACKSPACE.COM> wrote:
>

>> though we removed the details of this part at the request of the swift team.    Khaled implement this code to support both the default auth component  and to integrate the blueprint with swift.  The response to our blueprint, from the swift guys, was that it wasn't needed.
>>

> Yes, the swift team is horrible about that. :P To be fair to us though, we do prefer integration code that actually integrates with something instead of just the idea of something. Our actual recommendation was to implement a working system before submitting integration pieces to existing projects. Also existing tests have to pass. :P

I don't want this to deteriorate into a flame war but let's get our facts straight:

1)  It completely integrated with the  existing auth system and it integrated with our default Auth component.
2)  All tests passed. I was looking over your shoulder when you ran them.

These are facts.  They are provable. We can check out the code from  the day we made the submit and show you.

-jOrGe W.