[Openstack] Management API

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Thu Mar 3 07:59:52 UTC 2011

Glen Campbell wrote:
> There's been some discussion of an admin/management API and what
> functions would be provided there. I've been tasked with handling the
> technical coordination of implementing Nova at Rackspace, and have thus
> been identifying gaps between functionality that our current system
> provides and those provided by Nova.
>
> I've created a preliminary proposal
> at http://wiki.openstack.org/NovaAdminAPI – this is still somewhat
> early, but I want to make sure that the OpenStack community has the
> opportunity to provide feedback.

Hello Glen,

I was wondering how that related to the Admin-only API that Sandy
implemented for Bexar:

https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/admin-only-api

(summary: a allow_admin_api flag adds access to
pause/suspend/diagnostics/... through the "regular" API)

Is it a complement, a replacement, something completely different ?

>From what I can read, it looks like your Admin API would introduce
higher-level actions, like "suspend all in an account", so it would be
complementary ?

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)