[Openstack] OS API server password generation

Justin Santa Barbara justin at fathomdb.com
Thu Mar 3 01:01:45 UTC 2011

I think we need the option _not_ to inject a password (e.g. if I'm on Linux
and am going to use SSH private keys, or if I have another higher-security
means of accessing my server)  Does the API support this (yet)?

Also, I know security through obscurity isn't really security, but if we're
open source, I think we must have "strong" password generation, whatever may
or may not have been the case in the past.  I suggest beefing up the
generate_password function to make use of os.urandom (which I know isn't
perfect either, but is probably secure enough for anyone willing to rely on
a password)

Justin