[Openstack] server affinity

Sandy Walsh sandy.walsh at RACKSPACE.COM
Wed Mar 2 13:22:14 UTC 2011

I think these additional/optional request parameters (aka metadata) should just be part of the context that is created when a command is issued and passed around for all services to use as needed.

So I guess that would be a vote for #2

-S
From:  Jorge Williams [jorge.williams at rackspace.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2011 8:40 AM

Given that, I'm still a little fuzzy about whether we've reached a decision as to whether affinity id:

1) Should be part of the core Compute API
2) Should be a more general concept that may span different services, as Eric Day proposes
3) Should be introduced as an extension, which can later be promoted to the core...or not :-)

at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the original message.
Your cooperation is appreciated.