[Openstack] Entities in OpenStack Auth

Eric Day eday at oddments.org
Wed Mar 2 01:51:23 UTC 2011

Hi Justin,

On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 05:14:42PM -0800, Justin Santa Barbara wrote:
>    However, what I don't understand is how I can query my servers in project1
>    and project2 (but not those in project3). *The only way I could see is
>    doing something like this:
>    *nova.openstack.org/v1.1/project1+project2/servers.
>    I agree that REST paths aren't themselves hacky in the single-project
>    case, but I don't yet grok the multi-project query. *Of the 3 options I do
>    grok, I see (c) as the least hacky.

I would probably say use nova.openstack.org/v1.1/justin/servers with
one or more filter parameters in the URL or body as you mention. This
something to consider across all services, not just nova. AFAIK
Swift doesn't support queries across multiple accounts right now,
so I'd like to hear their thoughts on it as well.

-Eric