[Openstack] Diablo unit testing

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Fri Jun 17 07:05:53 UTC 2011

Rohit Karajgi wrote:
> Hello Vish,
>
> We at NTT are supporting the unit-testing efforts for Diablo as part of the related blueprints. We are currently in the process of expanding the Unit Test suite for Libvirt.
> How can we contribute these efforts and source code to the community? Can we have a related branch for the existing blueprints or a separate blueprint for this activity?
>
> Please let me know your thoughts.

It's a bit difficult to track generic (but necessary) efforts like this.
We can use a generic blueprint (like [1]) but since the work is never
totally "completed" it's not really efficient.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/unittest-coverage

I think we have three options: create a Diablo-specific unittest
blueprint (to which you could attach your own work), create an
NTT-specific blueprint about libvirt unittests (that we would target to
Diablo), or not track it using blueprints and just submit branches for
merging.

Vish, any preference ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)