[Openstack] OpenStack Identity: Keystone API Proposal

Ziad Sawalha ziad.sawalha at rackspace.com
Sat Jun 11 14:44:12 UTC 2011

Your guess is correct. The only calls you should be able to make without having a token are the calls to discover the service (getting version info, WADL contract, dev guide, help, etc…) and to get a token. After that, all other calls require passing in a token.

On the Admin APIs, the token passed in must have the necessary administrative privileges.

To bootstrap Keystone with a blank identity store, you can execute bin/keystone-manage to create your initial administrative identity(ies).

If you use the sample data creation script provided, it will create an admin user (and create a token for that user) which you can use.

We'll clarify that in the dev guide.

Thanks Andi

Ziad