[Openstack] Injecting user data into instances

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 04:45:50 UTC 2011

User data is provided to the vm through the ec2 metadata url.  It is not touched by the hypervisor at all.  It does work for regular user data and for cloudpipe.  The smoketests also verify that user data is working in the SecurityGroupTests by passing in a script proxy script that runs on boot.

Vish