[Openstack] GlusterFS project proposal online

Shehjar Tikoo shehjart at gluster.com
Wed Jun 8 18:04:19 UTC 2011

On 08/06/2011, at 3:16 AM, Sherman Boyd wrote:

> Proposal looks great!

Thanks.

> I'm wondering if you are aware of Redhat's CloudFS project.  It adds
> namespace isolation, ID isolation, storage encryption and network
> encryption to Gluster.  Having these kind of features takes a step
> towards addressing cloud computing privacy issues.

Yes, we're aware of it. It is great that GlusterFS is getting more
eyeballs of the calibre and experience of Jeff. Overall, some of the
changes in the core and the framework of GlusterFS brought in by
CloudFS, eg. SSL support, will gradually be merged back but for the
rest of the major changes, there is nothing final yet because it is
too early to comment.

Hope that answers your question, if only partly. I am CC'ing Anand
Avati who offered to throw more light on CloudFS and GlusterFS.

Regards
-Shehjar