[Openstack] OpenStack CLA Information

Stephen Spector stephen.spector at openstack.org
Tue Jun 7 19:07:17 UTC 2011

Developers:

I want to make everyone aware of an email that is coming to many developers
in the OpenStack community this afternoon.  I am doing a review of the
existing Individual and Corporate CLA agreements and have found 72 Corporate
CLAs and 336 Individual CLAs. The OpenStack Wiki requests that all
Individuals completing the CLA are also required to have someone at their
company complete the Corporate CLA. Of course, all developers not working on
behalf of an organization are not required to have a Corporate CLA. Here is
the Wiki text:
* Sign the CLA <http://wiki.openstack.org/CLA> : Every developer needs to
sign the Individual Contributor License agreement
<https://rackspace.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=ABCZR72YX57B> .  If
you are contributing on behalf of a company, someone at your company needs
to sign the Corporate Contributor License Agreement
<https://rackspace.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=ABCQ3N3R6Z2R>

The email is coming from Summer Fouche who is the Community Manager Intern
and assisting me in contacting all Individual CLA developers whose company
or organization we could not determine. We are requesting your company or
organization name so we can properly meet the requirement of having all
Corporate CLAs completed by companies with developers working on OpenStack.

If you have any questions about this activity or want to discuss further
please contact me privately so I can provide you with more details. This
initiative is being conducted to ensure that the OpenStack community is
properly managing the IP being submitted by various developers around the
world.

Thank you,

- - -
Stephen Spector, Rackspace
OpenStack Community Manager
stephen.spector at openstack.org
OpenStack Blog <http://openstack.org/blog>  | @opnstk_
<http://twitter.com/opnstk_com_mgr> com <http://twitter.com/opnstk_com_mgr>
_mgr <http://twitter.com/opnstk_com_mgr>
Office  +1 (512) 539-1162 | Mobile +1 (210) 415-0930