[Openstack] Lunr question and GlusterFS integration

FUJITA Tomonori fujita.tomonori at lab.ntt.co.jp
Mon Jun 6 10:17:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, 6 Jun 2011 09:59:19 +0000
Shehjar Tikoo <shehjart at gluster.com> wrote:

> It is not very clear to me whether Lunr will be a replacement for
> Glance

I don't think so.

>or will only be used for supporting application volumes.

I'm not sure the meaning of application volumes but it's a replacement
of the current nova-volume, provinding volume service for VMs.

> If I
>understand this correct, it is trying to overcome the iscsi-only
>access method currently provided for creating and accessing
>application volumes. Correct?

nova-volume already supports non iSCSI protocols, AOE, Sheepdog, Ceph
RBD. I think that you start working on GlusterFS integration with
nova-volume right now. You can work with Lunr later (when it's
released).